SCROLL DOWN BELOW TO TURN OFF MUSIC

HIT PAUSE DOWN BELOW TO CANCEL MUSIC!

Thursday, September 16, 2010

What? Me? I ran How Fast? Must Be Someone Else!


LAST CHANCE WORKOUT - WEEK 6 for COW HARBOR PRACTICE RUN

OK. Now this was a surprise. My week 5 time was also a pleasant surprise. I was tired & lethargic prior to the run, however, my time was a definite improvement. Same thing today at week 6. Tired, thought about not attending and besides, I did run this course on Sunday. However, I did run.

I couldn't find my "blue sneaker" rabbit to set the pace for me. However, I did recognize "shorty-whitey" and used them to set the pace for me. I was impressed at the steady speed. We jockeyed for the lead back and forth, however, they took the final lead at the 5K mark and never looked back. I did keep up and knew I had a good run. The time at the 5K mark had me thinking that maybe I was going too fast OR my watch was in error. Regardless I kept thinking of that poster "When Your Ready To Quit Screwing Around"... I got stopped at the final traffic light and did loose 3-4 seconds before weaving thru oncoming traffic to continue my run. I didn't want to loose too much time. This weeks goal was sub 56 .

During the week I've re-read the Cow Harbor strategy notes and lots of water. So while I had hope for the best, I was willing to accept mediocrity. It was a cool, windy evening for this last run. I then realized I had last years worn running sneakers with me and I should have made one last bathroom stop before I ran but.......

Anyway, crossing the finish line, I heard a fellow call out to the woman just in front of me "How'd you do?" and she answered 54:37 I immediately thought she was in the F group that started after my E group. She ran fast and caught up to me. I got close to a light and checked my time to realize I had a 54 minute time also. Now 'How About That!"

1 comment:

  1. 54:37 - Excellent! I'll look for you prior to the start of course. I have a feeling I'll only being seeing you from the back during the race. I've focused on distance, hope there's a payoff on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete