SCROLL DOWN BELOW TO TURN OFF MUSIC

HIT PAUSE DOWN BELOW TO CANCEL MUSIC!

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Next Year....Hunting For Rabbits

This years Cow Harbor Race is over with mixed feelings. A 10K time of 58:18 is a disappointment as I hoped to have a personal best of 53:00 or under. With 4,700 runners (5,553 registered) was it the crowds, the humidity or my lack of focus to find myself a faster runner and stay with them.

My other 3 running friends were similarly disappointed in this years slower times due to a variety of reasons. However, we did agree on the following:

1. Lack of motivating noise from the crowds (ie. fewer cow bells).
2. Heat and humidity. It was present but not not too obtrusive.
3. Running crowd. I did need to bob and weave through the crowded running group, however, this may be confusing this with our practice runs. Running the 10K course in groups of 6 is easier than running in a group of 100.
In retrospect, I guess that's why you set a personal best. Next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment