SCROLL DOWN BELOW TO TURN OFF MUSIC

HIT PAUSE DOWN BELOW TO CANCEL MUSIC!

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Fun Stuff

This running stuff is an individual thing. However, after this mornings run and a previous "fun run: I can see how on occasion a group run with folks chatting, telling stories and discussing "stuff" can alleviate the boredom and repetitiveness of long distance running. Additionally, it certainly does make the time go fast.

The Cow Harbor 10K Practice runs each Wednesday evening on consecutive nights gave me a great deal of information and strategy on "how to run" this race. Competition is good, however, for me I am competing against myself and always striving for a personal best (PB) on this end of season race. I think I've run this consecutively for the past 6 years and have all the T-shirts to prove it. I may be a veteran with this event, however I'm better at theory.

It was my task as the veteran to lead our group of 3. Being in the lead while running was a funny, unusual experience for me. However we survived & never once strayed from the course. Maybe it was just a "Guy Thing" or just my first time running and talking with a group but it was fun and helped dispel any running pains I may have experienced.

Running up and down the hills, struggling at times to catch my breath was fun.

1 comment:

  1. A great time, helped along with good company. Now I know firsthand what to fear - the James Street hill!

    ReplyDelete