SCROLL DOWN BELOW TO TURN OFF MUSIC

HIT PAUSE DOWN BELOW TO CANCEL MUSIC!

Monday, September 27, 2010

My Turn


Forty eight hours after the race I guess the heat and humidity did play a major part of my 10K time at 58:18. At least that's what the experts are saying. All the inspirational words such as 'If you want a quality time you must put in quality practice' could not muster me up Waterside Dr. more quickly. I fell victim to the training runs warning that the Cow Harbor race is won or lost on mile 5. So I experienced something that I already knew. Not feeing disappointed anymore, or "spit the bit" (George Steinbrenner - 1978 about NY Yankee pitcher Ken Clay) I look back on this years race with the following:

GOOD
1. Great practice runs (times that varied with the weather).
2. Good pace splits in the race until mile 5.
3. Very good hill runs. No pace drop off from Widow Hill & decent run up Pumpernickel Hill.
BAD
4. Dead, heavy legs on Waterside Dr.
5. Lack of focus onto a faster runner (rabbit) to coax me along.

Along the way I had fun. Fun at the race, fun with friends and fun at the celebrations after the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment