SCROLL DOWN BELOW TO TURN OFF MUSIC

HIT PAUSE DOWN BELOW TO CANCEL MUSIC!

Monday, June 28, 2010

Things I Heard At The Races



I know I'm not a good runner, but still it irks ( Miriam-Webster dictionary word) that I'm not doing better. Must be that competitive spirit thing. For example, after this past weekends race, I overheard 2 runners saying:

- " I paced myself so I could finish that last mile in 6:02", OR
- " You were at the airport run and came in 1st. Right?" AND THEN THIS HAPPENS
- 2 years in a row, at mile 3.5 the same woman runner, blazes by me, going uphill as if I was standing still. After year 1, I realized she was my niece's friend. But 2 years in a row? At the same mark?....She is good, or maybe I'm just OK.

Emerging Runner touched on this subject and it is a humbling experience. BUT, after you get over it and keep going it is Fun Stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment