SCROLL DOWN BELOW TO TURN OFF MUSIC

HIT PAUSE DOWN BELOW TO CANCEL MUSIC!

Monday, June 28, 2010

2010 Four Mile Run Around the Lake



I was looking forward to a good run today. I use this 4 mile race as a fitness gauge leading up to Northport's Cow Harbor Run. I had a good sleep, drank a limited amount of beer at Friday's party and had a decent 10K run @ Sunken Meadow. Unfortunately, I lost my velcro timing chip prior to the race. I BLAME IT ON THE SOCKS!

I'm an old guy who still wears Gold Toe, crew socks. I am having a hard time getting accustomed to these "shortie, runners socks". I returned to my car with my bib & chip to kill time. I then attached the velcro strap around my left, bare ankle. Read the paper and waited until it was time to line up for the race. I set my watch, did a quick stretch and looked down noticing my timing chip was missing......... As the race started with the sound of the gun I reasoned that the chip was (A) LOST and it will cost me an extra $20. in fees or (B) IF I Am Lucky...it is still in my car and came off when my ankles rubbed together. Regardless, I was set to run and will worry about it later.

The overhead finish line was in sight. I noticed the clock counting down as I was in step with another runner. I crossed the timing mat at the finish line and made a mental note of the other runners bib #. I finished at 37:00 even. Not my best but all things considered, something to build on. Additionally, I Was Luck! The chip was in my car.

Fun Stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment