SCROLL DOWN BELOW TO TURN OFF MUSIC

HIT PAUSE DOWN BELOW TO CANCEL MUSIC!

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Bailey the Escape Artist


Our 2 year old dog Bailey is a Lab mix and my running partner. We got her from the shelter and have had her for 9 months. She has "escaped" five times (and counting).

(1) First time was at the 7-11. She jumped out the car window & waited at the 7-11 door for me. (2) Then at my friends shop. I thought I had learned my lesson & closed the car window tighter. She still got out and again waited for me at the front door. A shop worker yelled "Hey! Whose dog is this?" Me...... (3) Still in the first week of us bringing her home, she bolted out the front door in the night, ran thru the neighborhood frightening our neighbors. (4) In week 2 she opened the front door, crossed the street to sniff around other for other dogs. (5) In the same week she bolted once again out the front door, crossed the street and ran into our neighbors house. Upon seeing a dog in her house, our neighbor non-chalantly said "Oh. Hello. Who are you?" Bailey then turned and was on the run once again with me following. (6 & 7) To follow.

We're getting smarter with each escape. For instance if we run away from her she'll chase us. Also if we open the car door she'll jump in. Unfortunately we are giving the neighborhood alot of entertainment running thru the streets yelling "Bailey, Bailey Bailey"!

Hopefully their turn will come.



No comments:

Post a Comment