SCROLL DOWN BELOW TO TURN OFF MUSIC

HIT PAUSE DOWN BELOW TO CANCEL MUSIC!

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Follow The Leader?



August 11th, a mild humid, Wednesday evening was the 1st Cow Harbor practice run. Dani F. & I split up into our separate "pace " groups and agreed to meet at the finish line. Remembering last years successful training runs and how I paced myself along side our group leader I began the run by following our leader. At least I thought he was our leader! Over the years, at these runs you begin to see familiar faces and I've seen our leader before and knew him as a good runner. Besides he had a 'Super Runners' T-Shirt on, is older than me and seemed to be in-charge. So I guess he knows what he's doing. Unfortunately at mile #2, as the group began to pass me and 'our leader' I began to question what he was doing. Saving himself for the latter part of the run? Does he know better than the younger runners far ahead of us? Am I running stronger than he? Am I gong too slow? Enough! So I passed him and zoomed ahead.

I was @ 29:00 at the 5K mark and finished @ 59:43. Not great but OK as I know who I'll pace myself alongside next week and hopefully improve. Unless I can create another excuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment